How do I use competition weaves?
The Competition Weave Poles are a common agility obstacle in which your dog weaves a path through the poles, entering to the right of the first pole.
Weave Pole training basics:
Back to Top »
- Your dog must always enter on the *right* side of the first pole.
- If your dog ever "pops" out of a pole (skips one) then you should take some steps backwards, and spread the poles back out a little.
- Its best to keep the whole process extended over the course of a few weeks.
- Practice for short periods of time each day, as to not overwhelm or tire your dog.
- Give rewards and positive reinforcement.
- Keep training 'light' and fun!
More questions? Email us »
Copyright © 2000-2016 Affordable Agility, Inc. All rights reserved.